Knowing a few Google Tricks can save you time (which is money) when searching the web for different things. So, we here at Mojoe.net have put together five of the more useful search tricks from Google that we use in our everyday work flow. We’re sure they will work for you as well as they do for us.
- If you want to compare two different items, say something like coffee and tea for example. You can add versus “vs” to your search and a comparison of the two items will come up.
- If you are searching for a subject and would like to exclude a word because the wrong stuff keeps coming up. You can enter a minus sign before the word and it remove it from the search you are doing. Example: Say you are doing a report on dinosaurs and are searching the word “Jurassic”. You will find that in your search resolute things like the movies Jurassic Park, Jurassic Park 2, Jurassic Park 3 and Jurassic World will be some of the top finds by Google. But if you add a minus “–“ before keywords you don’t want like this “Jurassic –world –park “, they will not be in your search resolute.
- Let say you are searching for a phrase but can’t quite remember it. You know, something like the lyrics to a song but you can’t remember all the lyrics or a quote from someone. Use an Asterisk sign “*” in place of the words you can’t remember and Google will give you a few phrases that maybe similar.
- Do you need to know the meaning of a word? You can save yourself a few clicks to a dictionary website by adding the word define before the word you want to know about in the search bar of Google. This will also work for slang words, curse words and even acronyms.
- Would you like to find websites that are similar to the website you are viewing. Simply use the word “related” with a “semi-colon” and then the web address you are looking at. For example, use “related: twitter.com” and then hit enter, other social websites like Facebook or Google+ come up.
By: Lance Roberts
If you would like to discuss Your Logo with Mojoe.net or your website’s analytics, custom logo designs, social media, website, web application, need custom programming, or IT consultant, please do not hesitate to call us at 864-859-9848 or you can email us at email@example.com.